Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Reflection

It's been 8 months since my diagnosis, but it still feels like just yesterday. It's been a roller coaster, and I have been doing well. But its tick season again, and I'm getting anxious about being outside. I am especially worried about my loved ones. My mother in law found 3 ticks on her after a hike the other day, and my father in law found some, too. It really freaks me out, and hits an emotional spot for me... who knew seeing a bug could make you so sad.


And with that, May is Lyme disease awareness month. I'm trying to do my part, but people aren't very receptive. I think because people must think of it like cancer, if you get it, you get it, and that's when you deal with it. I think if I hadn't been diagnosed, I'd be the same way. But it's terrifying to me how easy it is to get Lyme or other tick-borne illnesses, and I wish others would take the necessary precautions. I'm trying to make a point to use Facebook as a means of getting some information out, but I'd love to hear about other people's methods.


I have been unemployed for the past 8 months, because for the first 4, I was really sick. In January, I started feeling significantly better and started to look for work again. I was substituting part-time, which was convenient because I could pick and chose my days. But last week, I was hired on full-time at Lead-Lok. I start tomorrow. I'm really nervous about how I'm going to do. I've been having some back pain still, which I cannot find relief for. It's what made me quit my job back in May of 2011. I need this job, and I want this job more than anything... I just don't know if I can beat the pain. I'm continuously looking into solutions, but nothing has seemed to work except codeine, which I obviously want to stay away from. 


I'm scheduled to see a LLND that is only 2 hours away, instead of the one I'm seeing who is 6+ hours away. He isn't a medical doctor, but rather a naturopathic doc. I'm anxious to see what he says. I know he steers clear of antibiotics as much as he can, and I think they are working for me, so we'll see how that pans out. I hope he can help me with some of my symptoms with some natural remedies. Maybe even my back!


Update on my lyme: 


I've been really tired again, and like I said, my back has been really bugging me. And my regular "yeast symptoms" and gastro problems, but other than that, I've been feeling okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment