Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm a Lymie now...

For some reason, when I watched Under Our Skin for the first time, I knew that's what was wrong with me. As I started looking more into it, my findings seemed to confirm my suspicions even more. Everyone thought I was being dramatic, so I dropped it. It's not that I wanted Lyme... I just wanted to fix whatever was wrong with me. Eventually I got new symptoms and went to the doc again. I was diagnosed with something different than before. I looked up Lyme again, and my most recent symptoms were falling in line with a lyme diagnosis. So I pushed it. I forced my MD to give me a blood test for lyme (Western Blot). I saw a LLMD (Lyme-Literate doctor--- a doctor who knows all about Lyme, beyond the myths and common knowledge/assumptions) and was diagnosed with Lyme. I am writing this blog for a couple of reasons. I want others to know what to expect, because I am appreciative of others who have blogs, and also so that I can look back and see the progress I've made. 


So... Now I'm a Lymie... And this is my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment