Saturday, September 3, 2011

I've started treatment.

I was clinically diagnosed with Lyme Disease by an LLMD in Seattle, WA on September 1, 2011. He made this diagnosis based on a few things: my symptom history, my response to a muscle test, and my near positive blood work. He drew blood for another lyme test, and we will test again in a month. 

When you have lyme, and it is not in your blood, your body won't produce antibodies, and therefore the tests will come back negative. Another thing to note is that the lab that tested my blood only tested for 3 of the 7 antibodies, and one came back positive. This gives reason to think that at least one of the other antibodies will come back positive if tested. But because the test is so dang expensive, and insurance won't cover it, we've decided to wait a month. The benefit of waiting is that the lyme is more likely to move out of hiding in my cells and back into my blood. Once its in my blood, my body will produce antibodies to fight it off, and that will show in the blood test. So-- I have lyme, but we are going to try and make a blood test show positive for lyme so that my insurance will pay for my treatment. 

Yesterday I started on Doxycycline. I'm also on Saccharomyces Boulardii to help with my IBS and prevent diarrhea during antibiotics. The probiotic that I am taking is to help protect my gut. I am also on Cyanocobalamin (B-12) injections every other day. On Tuesday, my other prescription for Tindimax will be ready and I will start that, too. Then in 2 weeks, I will start Magnesium Glycinate.

So far, I had some sharp pains in my back/side and in my knees and hands like I had been. I got really nauseous, and had bad GERD last night, so I went to bed at 7pm. Nothing too abnormal though. I've been pretty irritable, too (poor husband of mine!). I've had a "foggy brain". I just can't concentrate!! This morning I've had an upset stomach, stiff joints, neck and back, and some fatigue in my upper back. And the usual sharp pains in random places.




No comments:

Post a Comment